It’s another great ski day. We have 20km Skate and Classic Groomed. World Cup is just Skate groomed today and Maple Loop has in great shape for both Classic and Skate.
This morning we have Sunday Morning Clinics from 10-11am. And they are FREE. This is a great opportunity to try out Nordic Sking.
BaCk CoUnTrY Report- Here is what I have heard and seen. by Liz
- Bolton-Trapps Trail is in good shape- there have been reports that there is no winter logging.
- Several groups have skied Woodward Trail to Little River State Park and report that it’s great skiing right now.
- I skied great powder in the Cotton Brook/Paradise Pass area on Paradise Pass on Friday and the skiing was AMAZING– 8-10″. There is lots of great powder in the woods.
- Snow Hole has been skied out by snowboarders.
- Bryant Trail was groomed up to the Bryant Lodge
- The stream crossing on Cliff Hanger is frozen over.
- Doggie Trails and Joiner Brook Trail have been packed out well by snowshoers and skiers. [remember to purchase a ticket before skiing on the Doggie Trails]
- Still wet spots on Goat Path… hopefully they will freeze through soon
We have a NEW white board inside the Nordic Center for reporting trail conditions on specific Backcountry and Nordic Trails. Come inside after skiing and spend a couple minutes making a report about the trails you skied and the date. Don’t worry about divulging all your secret stashes, we just want the basics.
After an hour of uphill skiing we arrived at the lookout on Stowe View– the Mtn in the background is Bolton Mtn.